- Although there is some debate among modern scholars, most likely 2 Timothy was written by Paul to Timothy.
- c. 65-66
- It is the last letter of Paul in the New Testament
- Paul had been arrested again, possibly in Troas.
- The outcome for Paul doesn’t look good. He expects that he will likely be executed soon and he wants his closest ministry partner to come to him before that happens.
- 2 Timothy is usually categorized as one of the “pastoral epistles” because Paul is wiring to his ministry partner Timothy.
Click the links below to listen to the commentary on that section.