- Colossians was written by the Apostle Paul, most likely from Rome while he was under house arrest
- Written to the church at Colossae, which was located in Asia Minor (modern-day Turkey)
- Colossae was a smaller town about 100 miles east of Ephesus
- The church was started by Epaphras and Paul had never been there
- Written c. 61 A.D.
- Paul wrote Colossians to ground the church in their faith in Jesus. It appears there were some false ideas troubling the Colossian church about how to experience the fulness of God. These ideas revolved around Judaism. Paul reminds them the Christ is the very fulness of God and in Him they have been made complete. They need to stay rooted in this truth and live it out.
Click the links below to listen to the commentary on that section.